Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Cottonwood during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Connolly Electric & Mechanical will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Connolly Electric & Mechanical at 928-639-4251 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.