It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like realizing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the most savings possible. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to notify you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of perks that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Connolly Electric & Mechanical in Cottonwood has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 928-244-8840.