With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Connolly Electric & Mechanical professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system running efficiently for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is working correctly and can identify potential concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Connolly Electric & Mechanical a call at [[phonenumber]].