As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Cottonwood ? Even if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to schedule any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system examined seasonally by a Connolly Electric & Mechanical technician can help locate small issues before they turn into major malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a pro to maintain complicated internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect within your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can cause elevated energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little problems before they lead to big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely inspect pieces and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to find issues before they lead to big problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should have a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the following areas and pieces:
- Full unit order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Connolly Electric & Mechanical
Today is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Connolly Electric & Mechanical pros a shout at 928-639-4251 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your next service.