Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Cottonwood winter. If you already called Connolly Electric & Mechanical for your annual tune-up, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 928-639-4251 to get one scheduled.
There are plenty of simple things you can do in between pro tune-ups to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or change them when advised. This is such a straightforward way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are accessible for optimum airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have grown up by your outdoor unit or a mess has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat often to confirm that it’s operating properly. Merely turn it on and gradually lift the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Connolly Electric & Mechanical at 928-639-4251 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!