Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Cottonwood & Prescott summer, have the specialists at Connolly Electric & Mechanical perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Connolly Electric & Mechanical today at 928-251-4327.