Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Cottonwood & Prescott are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Connolly Electric & Mechanical in Cottonwood & Prescott will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 928-251-4327 and stay comfortable this summer.