Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Cottonwood is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Connolly Electric & Mechanical always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. mow the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Connolly Electric & Mechanical in Cottonwood at 928-244-8840 today.