When it’s chilly in Cottonwood you count on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit in your future. Annual maintenance service from professionals can keep your system operating properly and identify potential problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to look for signs that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most familiar symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating the way it used to. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could hint at a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps shift the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off again and again. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem persists, contact a professional to see why your system is breaking down or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Connolly Electric & Mechanical will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.